Author: Ted Politidis
Intro to SEO for Hotels, Rooms to Let and Apartments in Ikaria
You are the owner of Hotel website in Ikaria or Samos. The location is great. Ikaria is a beautiful island, close proximity to the sea, great sunsets, mediterranean cuisine etc. I mean the environment is at your side, you could not get wrong there.
The website was built a couple of years ago and you may have tried to bring in some visitors either by placing an ad (Google Adwords) about Ikaria Hotels or you have already hired a SEO Pro to get you first page rankings for Ikaria Rooms to Let, Ikaria Studios, Apartments in Ikaria or Hotels in Ikaria without success. Undoubtedly, all of these actions cost money.
Namely, the website construction has cost you a lot of money but it did not bring in the customers you needed, the yearly website hosting and maintenance cost money too. I should also mention the ad you have placed was under a monthly expenditure along with the SEO you did, probably was useless. You have lost a considerable amount of money from all these actions without them fulfilling their goals.
Websites with no visitors are a total waste of precious money and time.
Now, just answer the following simple question:
Moving forward: The aim of writing this page is to educate the website owners to the right mentality that would make him a key-player in the local Hotels in Ikaria niche (top rankings in Google with competitive keywords). What we mean by that?
Building a stronger web site with a steady flow of visitors interested in booking a hotel in Ikaria, thus facilitating their accomodation decisions whilst promoting his hotels' services. Which hotel owner would not want something like this?
How do I make my shadow website a star in the local Ikaria hotel niche?
Here are the exact steps to follow:
- Selecting the right keywords for the Ikaria hotel niche
- Optimize the website to make it compatible to SEO standards (on-site optimization)
- Create a steady flow of visitors via first page rankings for keywords in the Ikaria hotel niche
Picking the right keywords:
- You may start with broad keywords like Hotels in Ikaria, Book a Hotel in Ikaria, Ikaria Hotels, Ikaria Rooms to Let etc.
- Or go for more specific keywords that are less competitive like Cheap Hotels in Ikaria, Best Hotels in Ikaria, 4 Star Hotels in Ikaria, Boutique Hotels in Ikaria, Luxury Ikaria Hotels etc. Due to the competition we will not disclose more keywords.
- We should not target broad keywords with a relatively new web site, it would be hard to beat the existing competition. We should opt for less competitive keywords (specific) until we have a stronger web site.
- Some long-tail keywords may be better than broader ones that everybody targets. So, we need first to do our research.
- We never start the off-site SEO (link building) unless we have the right budget. The process to make it to the first page might take months and we should not stop once commencing.
- We never start building links with a web site that is unprepared (on-site optimization) for first page rankings.
First page rankings always count when you sell SEO!
We know very well the Hotel Niche in Ikaria. We have worked with hotels and studios in Ikaria and have delivered first page rankings with high or medium competition keywords in local Google engines e.g. Google.com.
Those web sites were built in custom scripts, Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal etc, featuring more than two languages. We worked on-site towards optimizing the web site code according to SEO standards, in every language featured. We also undergone a series of off-site efforts that brought them to the first page.
In the portfolio page you may check some of our clients from various niches, and you may identify your colleagues from the Hotel niche. We would be happy to give you more info.
Having an extended experience in the Hotels niche there is literally no keyword or website that cannot be transformed into a key-player! We own our deepest appreciation to all our clients that have worked closely and had the patience to wait for their awesome first page rankings.